Monday, December 1, 2008

Passing Tests: Guest Blogger: Sarah




Dave and I are having a few issues with our finances, and we
had to have the brakes replaced on our car (that's not something you
can just ignore!). So he took the van to the shop ,and it was very
expensive. I was thinking, How are we going to afford this?

Then, I was going to take a shower, and I couldn't turn off the cold water.
The handle broke and wouldn't turn off at all!! The drain was clogging
and filling up! I freaked and called Dave. He told me to turn off the
water from outside, but I couldn't see the handle, so he told me to
dig for it. I think "dig, you use a shovel," right?! Wrong! I hit the
handle and it cracked. When Dave got home, he tried to shut off the
water from the meter, but it was too stuck. Reluctantly he called a
plumber, who charged $110 to turn it off! I was thinking, "Great, more
money issues!" Thankfully Dave was able to replace the pvc piping that
night.
I finally got to a place where I could ask God what He wanted
to tell me in this situation. He told me to go to Isaiah. I read
chapter 60 verse 1 in the Amplified. It said, "Arise( from your
depression and prostration in which CIRCUMSTANCES have kept you- rise
to a new life!), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord
has risen upon you!"
I was convicted right there! I was having a
moment of depression and negativity. I wasn't allowing God to really
speak to me I should have, but I didn't. All I could see was what was
in front of my face. It wasn't until I asked Him to show me what He
saw til I "woke" up.

When Pastor Mark spoke I had a lightbulb moment! I have been
asking God for a while what His will is for my life. When he read
1Thes. 5:16-18 I was so excited! That's it, that's what His will is!!
For me to have a thankful attitude in every CIRCUMSTANCE, be JOYFUL
ALWAYS and pray continually! This is so simple, yet so profound for
me. This is what His perfect will is. If I can and will do this,
actually take this into practice; everything else, all the blessings
and abundant life He has for me, WILL COME TO PASS!!! I will never
have to worry about anything, think negatively, or have jealous
feelings towards anyone! All those former thoughts are in the past and
that's where they will stay. I want to grow and do His will.

Also, after church Dave's parent's bought us lunch. After I
thanked God for my parent's, my dad called and wanted to give me money
from our trip to Illinois. That was a huge blessing. It really works
to be thankful for everyone and everything.

2 comments:

Lady Katie said...

Sarah, God is doing so much in your life, and you're having victory! It is so encouraging to hear about your tests, so that I know I'm not the only one, and to see how your passing them and moving on to knew levels of freedom in Christ. Love you!

Mrs. Romotowski said...

Tests are for passing! And when we pass, we move on to bigger and better things. This is awesome Sarah.