Monday, December 1, 2008

Question of the week: Dec. 1


This morning, as I write out a record 10 checks to pay for my baby boy's medical bills totaling well over $3000.00, I am receiving invitations from the enemy to become fearful. Or to doubt. And to wonder whether or not we can afford to give Christmas presents this year, and to doubt words of promise God has given me specifically. My old hoarding, poverty, stockpile mentality tries to take over when I don't take those "thoughts" or "invites" captive.

To quote Joyce Meyers, "Fear is simply believing what the devil says."

So, my choice in this time is this: To believe God, or to believe the devil.

I choose God.
Here's what he says:

Give freely and spontaneously. Don't have a stingy heart. The way you handle matters like this triggers God, your God's, blessing in everything you do, all your work and ventures. - De 15:10 -

and this:

Has anything in your fields - vine, fig tree, pomegranate, olive tree - failed to flourish? From now on you can count on a blessing.'" - Haggai 2:19 - the message bible.

So here's the QUESTION of the week:
In what areas of your life are you believing the devil?
(meaning, in what areas of your life do you still have fear?)
The only fear we are to have, is the fear of God.
I challenge you to ask yourself this question and to face the fact that what this really means is you are choosing to believe the devil instead of believing God's truth.

Do you realize this is why Jesus came and died on the cross? It says in John 18:37b "You say that I am a king, and you are right." Jesus said. "I was born for that purpose. And I came to bring truth to the world. All who love the truth recognize what I say is true."

Do you love truth? Or do you love the devil's lies? Which do you believe?

1 comment:

Mrs. Romotowski said...

This is great. "Fear is believing the devil." Wow. That's pretty simple and easy to remember. I will say it 1,000 times a day if I need to! Thanks Free.