Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This season's fruit: GENTLENESS, Guest Blogger: SUPERPURPLE Tracey

1 Cor. 13:4 "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand it's own way. Love is not irritable, and keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

This verse is a good mirror of whether we are living our lives according to the spirit of God. If God is love then shouldn't we try to be just like our Father? Last week my mom and I had a disagreement about something that has been going on a very long time. I was frustrated to say the least because to me it was common sense that the results she was getting out of her life were based on decisions she was making. AGAIN, I stress this has been going on a long time and in my frustration I told her the truth. At the end of the conversation she hung up on me. To me, she proved my point and I said to God "I didn't do anything wrong! I didn't say the wrong thing! She is the one with the issues and she will have to call me and apologize for hanging up on me!"

But I had "arguments" in my head about the situation ? Whenever there is an argument in your head you can bet that something is not right. We can either become proud and not face it or we can look in the mirror of this verse and see what went wrong.

I decided to look in the mirror and this is what God said. " Although what you said bore truth it was not done in love because you were not gentle with your words and this nullified everything you said". I knew right then and there that I needed to repent by humbling myself and apologizing. I called my mom last night and told her I was sorry for not being gentle with her and everything was restored. Think about this every time you make a decision. Am I doing this for my own personal gain because I am demanding my own way? If you find that you have been then rectify it and only then will you see God's hand restore it and you.

No comments: