Wednesday, November 19, 2008

... You see me, Guest Blogger: SuperPurple Laura

























Rick and I (and in-utero-Baby-Romot) just got back from visiting one of God's majestic creations....the Grand Canyon. I wanted to share a little of my experience with you....

I have come to anticipate my Father to reveal new things to me when I remove myself from my daily life and experience him out in his beautiful creation....and this trip was beyond my expectations.

Crimson handiwork of your canyons
Majesty beyond my understanding
Sweeping strokes of beauty
As far as the eye can see...

I am silenced in the midst of its wonder
As the peaks and valleys scream your praise
Their maker so much bigger than they
And yet....you see me

This is how I felt in the Grand Canyon. By day, we were witnesses to one of the most beautiful masterpieces on earth...a staggeringly huge, majestic, colorful, living, breathing sculpture. By night, we couldn't stop gazing at the rest of God's masterpiece in the heavens....the big night sky with millions of stars representing countless other solar systems.

I wanted so badly to explore the depths of the canyon. We did take a 1.5 mile hike into the canyon and it was AMAZING and even then, we were barely under the rim. God knew when he created this earth that we would have a hard time wrapping our heads around his majesty. I am so glad he created wonders like the Grand Canyon to give us just a glimpse. Even then, to compare that to the heavens....our planet isn't even a spec on the universe's radar. And to think that our Father SPOKE these things into existence....

How could I question you Lord? How could I worry about my micro-problems? How could I not choose you over anyone else? How could I ignore your word? How could I not want your wisdom? How could I not want your BEST? How could I be so inpatient as not to wait for it? How could I think that my life is my own? How could I possibly think that my life could be ANYTHING but death without you????

How could I not be humble before you, my Lord, my All, my Majesty?

No comments: