Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Family FIGHTS: encouragement! Guest Blogger: Allison


"Don't be discouraged"

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will
reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Early this morning I was sitting in my parents' kitchen with my
parents and sister. I was talking about giving thanks to all of
blessings that we have in our lives, and my sister went on her
negativity kick.

This is so frustrating to me for many reasons. Her and I used to be
very close up until a couple years ago; we have mended the broken ties
but I find myself not wanting to spend time with her. Her constant
negativity and worldly nature are the complete opposite of how I view
life, so it's a constant battle during conversations we are both
involved in. It's not like we are having screaming matches but rather
I find myself walking away to avoid saying something I might regret
later. I miss the close friendship her and I shared for so many years
but I just don't see it coming back anytime soon.

After the conversation about giving thanks for all our blessings, I
began to feel really discouraged about this whole day and was
definitely under attack. I excused myself from the room and I asked
God for a word; he told me to read Galatians. I hadn't yet read the
Book of Galatians, but it was exactly what I needed to hear. I read
all six chapters, which really uplifted my spirit about my walk as a
Christian. And at the end of Galatians was my rhema. I won't be
discouraged by my sister's negative attitude and I will continue to
speak blessing over her because I know that one day I will bear
witness to the harvest.

Thank you God for all of the blessings you have bestowed upon my life
and my family's lives. Thank you Jesus for bearing my sins so that I
could be set free and for the freedom I have by living through you.
Amen!

2 comments:

Freedom Martinez said...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
Allison, I am so encouraged by you, and we have lots in common, we will have to get together soon, so I can share with you the story of how God restored my family!
This word is perfect, and I am going to share it on the PURPLE BLOG today!
Thanks for sharing with us!

Mrs. Romotowski said...

That totally hits home for a lot of us Allison. A great encouragement!