Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FEAR! Dead end trap! Guest Blogger: Dayari

















Proverbs 29:25- "Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but to trust the Lord means safety."

My parents grew up in very dangerous countries and developed a fear/
strong strong caution of the harm people could do. My mom especially
never wanted to leave and sister and I home alone (even as older
teenagers), never wants us to go anywhere alone or at night, and is in
constant fear for our safety. She's always scared that something is
going to happen to us and I feel that I have adopted the same fear. I
feel that there's truth behind her concern because as a small child in Venezuela, someone tried to kidnap me, so I've seen that the danger is
real.
When I am alone, go for a walk, take my dog out, etc I get very
scared when I pass by or see someone I don't know (especially men).
Now that I live by myself, I get very scared at night because I think
that someone could break in or be in the house and every little noise
scares me SO much and I don't feel at ease.

I love how this verse doesn't just say that fearing people isn't good, but that it's a dangerous TRAP. It makes me realize that by having that deep fear and feeding it, I could actually be speaking it to life. Merely having that fear could make it happen.

God has called us to love and help people, and I can't do that if I am
SCARED of them! Instead of having fear, I will claim this verse that trusting the Lord will keep me safe in ALL situations.


ADDENDUM: (By SuperPurple MamaFree)

Job 3:25

What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me.
The bible also tells us that what we fear actually comes upon us. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? I believe we have the power to make things happen with our words. And if we speak positive things and beliefs with our mouths, they come about.
And the same goes for our negative faith. Fear is only negative faith. If we are constantly speaking our fears, and our words make things happen, then guess what?
Think about it...

No comments: