Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Can we imagine??? Guest Blogger: SuperPurple Alison

2 Corinthians 5:5-6 (The Message)
We've been given a glimpse of the real thing, our true home, our resurrection bodies! The Spirit of God whets our appetite by giving us a taste of what's ahead. He puts a little of heaven in our hearts so that we'll never settle for less. That's why we live with such good cheer. You won't see us drooping our heads or dragging our feet! Cramped conditions here don't get us down. They only remind us of the spacious living conditions ahead.

I LOVE this translation of this passage! God has given us the Holy
Spirit as a promise to us of what we have to look forward to, and to
show us why we should want to live by His standards, not the world's,
by giving us a small sample of heaven.

As I was reading this passage, I was reminded of the song by Mercy Me,
"I Can Only Imagine." Now I'm going to have it stuck in my head all
afternoon! :)

This passage is incredibly inspiring to me, especially the part about
not being willing to settle for less. This applies to not only my
longing for eternal life in heaven, but also to all of my hopes and
dreams while on earth. I am my Father's daughter and He wants only the best for me. Why should I settle for less than what I want? The world may try to discourage me but the world is not my authority. I
have the Holy Spirit to help guide me on my journey, and though I may
face disappointments and failures, I have faith that better days lie ahead because this is what He has promised me and God always fulfills what He promises.

No comments: