Friday, February 13, 2009

Ribbons of God's Love: A Valentine's Dream Guest Blogger: Nicole





















I came awake this morning long before my alarm was to go off and in
the middle of a great dream. I lay there desperately trying to not
only get a few more zzzz's but to also try and get the dream back, as
it was not only wonderful but I was right at the good part. After a
few minutes of futility, I reluctantly got out of bed to start my day
while continually running the dream through my head. There was a man
with his arms extended towards me, palms up. He was dressed all in
white and his arms were bare. His face was fuzzy, but I could see the
emotions as they played across his face. On top of his extended arms
were these beautiful white, glowing ribbons that draped over both his
arms and down to his feet. He asked me, without speaking, if I wanted
them. I immediately felt a childlike glee and a huge grin came across
my face. I said, "For me?? Really??" He didn't say a word, but I
could see the a look on his face that said, "Of course, they were
always for you." I looked down at the multiple ribbons in my right
hand and noticed that they were all frayed and torn and turning gray
around the edges. I immediately let go of the ribbons in my hand and
reached for the ribbons offered by the man. Before I could actually
grasp them, I woke up.

After about 20 minutes of pondering this dream, I had a revelation.
That man was God and those ribbons are the NEW RIBBONS OF MY LIFE!!
Always there, always waiting for me, it was just up to me to take hold
of them! I woke up before I could grasp them in my dream, because God
wants me to grasp those ribbons with my waking mind and heart. THANK
YOU GOD for changing my heart, so that I can now take hold of those
beautiful, gleaming, clean white ribbons you have for my life.

No comments: