Monday, February 16, 2009

Question of the week: Feb 16

Kitchen Timer

So. I am going to try something new today.


There are so many projects that go left undone in a household with small children. So, I woke up with an idea (thank you Jesus). I literally heard this= “You can do anything for 15 minutes!” I had read about this idea several places, one being FLYLADY.com, another on SimpleMom.net. I am going to carry around my timer today and set it for 15 minutes. Then I am going to tackle several tasks but only for 15 minutes! Maybe I will finish the task, maybe I won’t but it will be 15 minutes worth that wasn’t done before! Including idle computer time. WOW, that can get away from you fast- huh?

So the Question of the Week is this... Can you do anything for 15 minutes?

I really believe it builds character to do things we do not want to do. I believe we should get into the habit of telling ourselves “no” at LEAST once a day!

I am going to try and implement this this week as my weekly goal.

1 Thes 5: 8But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled…

This day will belong to me!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Romotowski said...

I can do this!!! Great idea ;)

Lady Katie said...

"Having nothing builds character!" this is a funny line I love from Hairspry-lol! I thought of it in response to this post:o)